The schedule of activities is getting a little clearer for the fall and winter remodel and enhancement projects.
On the golf course there are three primary “projects”. Installing cart paths, new bunkers and adding mounding to several areas on the course. We will begin installing cart paths on September 18th. The back nine will close on the 18th for about 5-7 days (depending upon the weather). In that week we will get cart paths installed and replace as many bunkers as possible. Once the cart paths are installed we will re-open the back nine and move to the front nine using the same process. We expect to re-open the front nine around October 2nd. However, the bunker work will not be completed by October 2nd. To complete the bunker work we will work on one hole at a time until all are completed. We expect that one hole will be closed (or played with alternate tee boxes) for another couple weeks.
Demand for tee times generally drops off considerably after Labor Day so this seems to be the best time of the year to complete the enhancements. While each nine is closed we will set up tee times to allow playing the same nine holes twice so that you can play 18 holes. It may be possible to play other area courses during our construction. Please work with the Pro Shop to inquire about tee times at other clubs as desired.
We will be adding mounding to several holes starting with #16 next week after the MWGA State Women’s Am. These areas will be marked as “Ground Under Repair” and should not have a significant impact on play.
After Labor Day we will also be doing aeration of the fairways and top dressing them with sand. This is the beginning of a several year process to firm up our fairways and minimize the impact of the peat. We will play “Lift Clean and Place” in the fairways for a few days after aeration.
Architectural plans for the building remodel, new pool complex and site work will be finished next week. We will schedule a Town Hall meeting to unveil pictures of the remodel and new pool sometime the week of August 19th. The key enhancements will include:
· A wall along 96 and formal entrance to the site
· New pool complex to include: new pool with steps entering the pool; lazy river with zero entry kids pool; elevated cabanas; new pool building with a bar – food and beverage service – towel service; fire pit and deck area to accommodate up to 200 person events and parties.
· New entry and relocation of the Pro Shop to the upper level
· Year-round practice and exercise facility in the lower level
· A new adults only bar (in place of the current pro shop)
· Expanded grill (by enclosing the screen porch)to create a formal dining area
· Outdoor dining patio and outdoor fire pit.
· The entire exterior and interior of the building will be refreshed
We do not have a schedule for construction yet but will communicate it as soon as it is available. In general we are planning to begin construction in September and be completed by July of next year.
In other news – if you haven’t signed up for the Dellwood Shoot Out next Friday August 16th, do so now! Don’t miss out on the chance to win an all expenses paid trip for four to PGA West in Palm Springs this December.
As always, please contact me if you have any comments or suggestions. We want to provide the best possible experiences as a member of DCC!