Effective January 1, 2020 we will have a new handicap system. Currently there are different types of handicap system that are in place around the world. In 2020 we will have 1 set of rules, 1 set of equipment rules and 1 handicap system. This new move will allow golfers of many different playing abilities to compete on the same level around the world. Here are some of the changes that will take place next year.
- Currently to establish a handicap you need to post five 18-hole scores and with the new system the number has been lowered to three 18-hole rounds.
- The current max handicap is 36.4 for men and 40.4 for women. With the new system 54 will be the max handicap for men and women.
- The world handicap system will take the average of your 8 best scores out of 20.
- Handicaps will be updated daily, instead of twice per month.
- It will take in affect weather and course conditions.
- Net double bogey will be the max score for all golfers on any hole for the new system.
We are looking forward to the new changes and can’t wait for 2020.
Also note, golf shop credit expires on Sunday, November 17th. Stop in and use your credit before it expires!